Some new pics:
Fun google animation of Colleen dancing:
Hopefully it works!
Some pics from Denmark @ the ITU Multisport World Championships:
 |
| Passed by some beautiful scenery on the train from Copenhagen to Odense. |
 |
| If you look carefully out the train windows you can see wind turbines out in the water. |
 |
| There are gyros everywhere...and they are delicious! I am not sure what Denmark is know for as far as a food specialty, but I am not sure if I care...I might not make it past the gyro!!! |
 |
| I think the biggest thing that Odense, Denmark is known for is that it is the birthplace of Hans Christian Anderson on April 2, 1805. There are statues, streets, and other things all named after him. There is a museum, a cool park, and his childhood home. Here is a statue near the cathedral. |
 |
| Pointing the way towards the museum. |
 |
| The Radisson hotel is named after him...the HC Anderson Radisson Blu hotel. |
 |
| His street |
 |
| His house |
 |
Part of his part...one of his fairy tale castles. He is best known for his stories: The emperor's new clothes, the little mermaid, the ugly duckling, thumbelina, etc. |
 |
| Just a random statue. |
 |
| Next to the park where most of the events are taking place. |
 |
| Finish line chute for many of the races along with the stage in the background for post-race concert. The sunset is almost 10pm and sunrise is 04:50am. Weather is good. Almost 80 degrees F for the high and upper 50s for the low. |
No comments:
Post a Comment